What Does NimPro Do?
Nimpro is a bridge between NIMAS files and the braille translation software products, MegaDots and Duxbury DBT.
DBT or MegaDots by themselves have limitations that NimPro resolves:
- DBT and MegaDots can open a NIMAS .XML file, but not the zipped package.
- The resulting file is large, too large for DBT or MegaDots to handle efficiently.
- DBT and MegaDots cannot process the visual graphics from the NIMAS packages.
- DBT and MegaDots do not recognize all NIMAS styles.
- DBT and MegaDots cannot directly import any of the nested structures in NIMAS files (e.g. lists within lists).
- DBT and MegaDots cannot read the meta content.
- DBT and MegaDots cannot reproduce the auto-numbers that may occur in numbered lists.
- All letters, numbers, and ordinary punctuation will be imported correctly, but special symbols and non-Roman letters may be mishandled.
NimPro facilitates file imports to DBT and MegaDots:
- NimPro allows easy subdivision of large files.
- NimPro wizards automate many tedious and repetitive editing tasks to meet your needs for braille output.
- NimPro manages transition of graphics from the NIMAS package into tactile formats.
- NimPro captures all the content from NIMAS files needed for rendering into braille.