What Are NimPro Files?
A NimPro file is an XML file created by the NimPro software. A NimPro file follows the Daisy/NIMAS standard.
A NimPro file is identical to the original NIMAS file, except for these differences:
- NimPro files do not include the original visual images, which are stored outside of the NimPro file in a separate image cache on your computer.
- NimPro files include any tactile graphics you create by the use of QuickTac.
- NimPro files include a few custom tags that support its specific services and features.
- NimPro files exclude a few of the tags found in the NIMAS/DAISY standard. (All tags in common use are supported.)
- NimPro files include all the style changes that result from your use of Wizards and Style Editing.
- NimPro files include all of the text changes that result from Text Editing.
- In NimPro files, the use of new lines, tabs, and spaces may differ from the original. (Note that in XML files, line breaks and extra "white spaces" are not usually significant.)
The separate storage of visual images from the NimPro files has important consequences.
Please learn more about images and NimPro.