New Features in NimPro 3.0
Please note that NimPro 3.0 is currently available only on Windows. NimPro 2.0 remains the current release on Macintosh computers.
NimPro 3.0 is designed to work with DBT 12.5 and newer.
EPUB 3 Support
- NimPro can open EPUB 3 files and process them the same way it handles DAISY (NIMAS) files.
- Because EPUB 3 files are internally divided into smaller document pieces, NimPro allows you to select which pieces of the EPUB 3 document you want to process. An example of the dialog NimPro presents for you to select document pieces is shown below. Generally, NimPro is able to handle all the document pieces at once, so there is no need to limit the pieces you process to avoid overloading NimPro.
Tag and Class Remapper
- NimPro allows systematic "remapping" of documente elements where unexpected elements are found, or elements are repurposed in a DAISY, NIMAS, or EPUB 3 file.
- This is saves time over re-tagging paragraphs individually, because a single "remap rule" can be applied to elements throughout the document in one operation.
- Sets of remapping rules can be saved for later use. This is useful if a single publisher or producer of EPUB 3 or NIMAS files tends to produce material that is consistent from document to document.
- This is a relatively advanced feature, and requires some knowledge of XML structure and the DAISY document standard to apply correctly.
- The image below shows NimPro's Element Remapper dialog, set up to map <p> elements where class="page-normal" to <pagenum> elements.
- With NimPro 3.0, you can configure NimPro to allow saving DBT documents to templates other than the BANA templates for which it was originally intended.
- Along with the support for EPUB 3, this is intended to allow NimPro to be used for applications beyond the education market in the U.S. and Canada.
General New Features and Improvements
Though most of the effort for NimPro 3.0 was focused on support for EPUB 3 files and the Element Remapper, we always welcome customer feedback about things that are not working. A customer brought to our attention that NimPro 2.0 lacks of support for the MFENCED operator in MathML. We have corrected this for the new release.
Copyright Duxbury Systems, Inc. Thursday, January 12, 2023